Although there are no official statistics, the average term to sell a home in Spain is usually around nine months. If the apartment is located in large capitals such as Madrid or Barcelona then the term falls to six months. But it is possible to sell it before four months if it has an adequate price, if it is renovated or if the environment of the house is neutral and does not have very personal elements sell my house fast houston.
According to the real estate Monapart , a common mistake is to lower the price again and again as the months go by and the house cannot be sold. This firm provides the following 10 tips to sell the house in less than 120 days:
1. Make sure you have the most relevant documentation for the sale of the home. "Sometimes operations have been lost or complicated because at the time of signing, the deeds did not appear," says José Luis Echeverría, partner at Monapart.
2. Take time to select a good real estate agent. With one is enough, but make sure it is the one that best represents your interests throughout the process.
3. Request a comparative analysis of the market to help you assess your home. In many cases, says the representative of Monapart, the customer goes to the real estate agency with a preconceived idea of how much your home can be worth. Also in many cases the agent does not take him out of his mistake by not losing the operation. The result can be summarized in time and money wasted for not focusing the operation well.
4. Share your forecasts of time to sell with your agent, and let yourself be advised on the most suitable price strategy for your future plans.
5. Ask your agent to explain your marketing plan. What are you going to do to sell your apartment? "In Monapart this is one of the most important issues. We recorded and photographed not only the homes of our clients; we also recorded the owners in video capsules that Monapart baptizes as #inmotions. Who better than the owner to describe how the sun comes in the morning or the smell of fresh grass at night?
6. Decide, together with your agent, the improvements to be made: repair defects, tune bathrooms and kitchen, ensure good lighting, paint. "It is proven that the customer values the improvements 25% above their actual cost."
7. Request an invoice and keep a record: of all the money invested in the improvement expenses. You can deduct it from the taxes on the profits of the sale.
8. Neutralize the environment: "Learn from the big builders. The client should feel as if he were visiting a pilot-floor. Outside decorative objects, packages or personal effects in the bathrooms, "he says.
9. Stay home during visits. Potential buyers will feel more comfortable being able to walk freely around your home and talking freely with your real estate agent.
10. Request permanent information on the evolution of the process. Monapart offers its customers the possibility of knowing day by day the evolution of its sale in the Owner's Panel. "Through this tool, the seller can see at all times the pace of visits, customer comments and offers received."